I know…. I KNOW! I haven’t blogged in 9 days! I am not a nice person to keep you all perched on the edge of your seats waiting to hear the perils of my sweaty adventure.
Between work, homeschooling, and church activities, the rest of my life as been a simmering pot of activity, and finding the time to work out each day has been a real exercise in commitment. I am happy to report I am still sweating large, 6 days a week.
I am halfway through my 3rd full week. The scale still reports no change, my pants and shirts however tell a different tale. I am choosing to listen to what my clothes have to say, it is ever so much more encouraging than my scale is.
I thought I would start off today’s recap with a picture testimonial.
The waking report: You know, sometime this week it all stopped aching every morning. Some days there is a twinge in one muscle that worked a bit harder than another…. but there hasn’t been the overall feeling of wishing death over getting out of bed in a long time…..
The eating report: I am getting better at cooking 24/7. Falling into a bit of a routine, chopping my veggies for dinner while I am making lunch helps me save time. I am not eating as many calories as I am supposed to, I just can’t. The portions are too large. So I just went down to the second level’s portions, and that seems to be working out much better.
Today’s Workout DVD: Yoga X
- Yoga is still not for wimps. Jody stopped into the living room today to watch me (and the DVD) for a few moments while I contorted into this pretzel position all twisted to one side with a hand in the air, all while standing on one foot for 60 seconds…. he just left shaking his head in amazement…. I fell over as soon as he left.
- I am not sure how it is that you can sweat so much when you are only operating in a little rectangle of space.
- The longer you do this, the less belly fat you have to get in the way of these twisty poses.
- The longer you do this, the better you get at actually not falling over. Today it was just once.
- The day I can stand on one foot and hold my toe with my other leg extended straight out…. might be a day of rejoicing.
- I actually held plank position every time today…. it was only about 6 million times.
- I did an anamaste (sp?) thing. It is a thing where you sort of dolphin, without touching any body parts to the floor, and glide from a push-up position to a sort of a seal position, supported by your hands and the tops of your feet.
- I love the stretching that is on this DVD. Stretching is my friend.
Goal: To just keep on, keepin’ on.