That’s right…….. I have made it over 30 days in this program. Pardon me while I enjoy a well deserved bow. I am down a pant size, and my clothes just lay a bit nicer, if you know what I mean.
These workouts are not for the faint of heart. My children, who are more physically fit than I am, will not…. make that can not do them with me. Tayler tried to do some Yoga with me on Saturday; she gave up and called it evil after the first 5 moves. Evan, he just walked in with a mouth full of chocolate birthday cake, kept chewing and said, “that looks uncomfortable.” ……It is a very good thing that I couldn’t really breathe or speak just then, trust me, my thoughts were not nice.
These workouts have reminded me that I do indeed have muscles underneath all this padding, and if they are given the right encouragement they will awaken and be of use again.
Today’s DVD: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps and Ab RipperX
- I pretty much thought we were done with weird push-ups. I was wrong. very wrong.
- I saw my first real person (not one that was carved out of cream cheese) on today’s DVD. She was on FIT looking 50 something lady!
- I did most of my push-ups today on my toes…. this is a huge improvement. Up till now, I have been a knee cheater.
- This DVD will seriously rid anyone of those bye-bye arms/ bingo wings… (julie, I love, love, LOVE that new term!)
- Slow pushups are near murderous. One handed ones? Those are for the criminally insane. I cheated and did those on my knees.
- Lots of weight exercises today. I am sort of walking around now all puffed up feeling… just don’t ask me to lift anything heaver than a sauce pan….
In much more exciting news, the carbs are back in town. Glorious, delightful, delicious carbohydrates are back in my diet. I will again be able to enjoy pasta, bagels, tortillas, popcorn, hummus, muffins….. Yes, I am even excited about the ability to eat oatmeal for breakfast, so excited I ate it for breakfast today. Lunch was a delightful shrimp pasta, and Dinner will be a lean hamburger patty, salad, baked potato…. dessert of fresh berries.
I will close with a few pictures… just to keep it real and let you know that hard work does pay off.